Monday, October 16, 2006

EARTHQUAKE!!!

You hear about the earthqukes in Japan all the time: "Did you feel that earthquake?" "Man, that was quite the earthquake we had last month!" "Whoa, nothing like a good earthquake to wake you up!" (All of these are, indeed, fake) But to date I had not experienced this popular natural disaster. Until last Tuesday! It was 6:30 AM and I was sound asleep awaiting my alarm's monotonous beeping waking me to begin another work day. Suddenly, I am woken up much earlier than expected by the sound of a roll of Scotch tape falling over on my bedside table. Oh, and a ridiculous amount of shaking. I shoot up and realized "I'm having an earthquake!" Then I fixed that stupid sentence and thought "Whoa, I'm experiencing an earthquake!"

There are things people don't tell you about earthquakes that I plan to inform you about in this blog entry. First of all, the shaking is not side-to-side. It's more of a bad rollercoaster bumping type of feeling. I was left, right, up, down, felt like the Fall Fair was in my bed. And trust me, I've thought of all the bad "Oh, an earthquake is the only way your bed's gonna shake, Don!" jokes so don't even think about it! Second, even the smallest earthquake is enough to excite and terrify you, cause you just don't know how sturdy your house is. You really can't test your house to see how much force it can take cause you'll find that apex once you watch your house collapse around you! Third, the excitement is that of Christmas morning! It's that wonderment of not knowing exactly what you are getting! Unbelievable!

5 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the words of me : "HOLY MAN"! Damn Don, you need to come back in one piece!! In fact I think that Japan has become too dangerouse, you need to come home to the Great White North, which is really the Great White West to you in Japan, but you get the idea! Oh well, hopefully the care envelope I sent will make all the festivities complete!!

Jess

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Heidi said...

Dude I almost choked on my thai pad noodles - this was just way TOO funny!!! Maybe next time you should bust a groove along with the rhythms of the quake!

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bed. Shake. Only way. Etc.

Hur hur hur

~Andrew

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bed. Shake. Only way. Etc.

Hur hur hur

~Andrew

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had an earthquake..interesting


That is super cool, I slept through an earthquake when I was about 10.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home